[LRflex] Mountain Blue Bird.

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:50:06 -0700

Good Evenin' Flexers!

I've been trying for several years, now, to get a decent shot of a male, Mountain Blue Bird. The females are more tolerant of people (at least, in my area) but they have weaker colouring, and don't look quite so spectacular. The males stay further away, which makes the entire exercise more difficult.

Today, I think I may have done it....

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/B-Bird.htm

Technical stuff... Olympus E3 using Telyt 400/6.8 on shoulder stock (no monopod). 50% crop - 1/1250th, f6.8 - ISO 640 & run through Neat Image for noise reduction.

C&C welcomed, as always.
---
David Young
Logan Lake, BC