[LRflex] Re: Motor Drive R4 question

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:17:18 +0100

Chris,

shouldn't really be a problem, just slip the leader into the take up spool, close the back and press the shutter - the winding lever must be folded in towards the shutterspeed dial.

The motor should wind it on.

You can also swing out the winding lever to 45 degrees to the camera body to disable the motor, then press the shutter button and wind manually.

Make sure that the switch on the bottom of the winder is set to a single white dot - otherwise nothing will wind at all - 2 white dots disengages the winding mechanism completely for multiple exposures.

If it still doesn't work, it's possible that the film counter is not resetting - the motor or drive refuses to go past the 36 mark to prevent tearing your film out of the cassette.

Hope this helps
Douglas

Cheers
Douglas
Chris L wrote:
A few days ago I was lucky enough to pick up a Motor Drive quite cheaply.

Sunday I put it through its paces and all went well... until It was time to
change the film.
With the grip in place, the manual advance lever is blocked. With the camera
back open, the motor wouldn't wind.
So, in order to finish loading the new roll of film, I had to take the motor
off.

There has to be a better way!
Any links towards instruction book scans would also be very appreciated.

Chris