[LRflex] Re: More speculation on the direction of the R10.

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 20:18:37 -0700

Andy suggested::

>Considering all I think You should be given an R10 as a market
>tester. By the way david have you (spoken) with Mr Lee regarding
>your problem? If they do care still about the customer he might need
>to know your situation.

Hi Andy!

I did send Mr. Lee an email, when the DMR was sent back to NJ, asking
if, under the circumstances, he might have a quiet, polite word with
those in NJ service; suggesting they do what they can to expedite the
repairs.  I received no answer, though the "Estimate" showed an
original plan of 2 to 3 weeks, which is faster than the 4 to 6 weeks
they put on the sheet for the Digilux 2 they thought I'd also sent in.  So...

As you might know, they could not duplicate the problem with the DMR,
and so asked that I send the camera, as well.  They received that on
April 27th.

I would love to be a beta/market tester for the R10. I had, as many
of you know, 2 weeks with the M8, a month or so before it was
introduced.   I'd like to be involved with the R10, earlier than
that, so that I might be able pass on some of the collective wisdom
of this group, to Leica. However, nothing has been promised.

When all is said and done, I plan to write Mr. Lee, once more,
outlining all that has happened and with some suggestions for the
future. How he responds to that, will have a huge bearing on my own
future with Leica.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.  I'll keep you posted.