[LRflex] Re: More from Santa Cruz (towhee plus bugshots)

  • From: bob palmieri <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:06:38 -0500

Doug -

I gotta tellya (presumptively speaking for an imagined "many of
us")... we do appreciate your generosity and trust in posting really
cool images that may not be quite up to your laudable standards.

I had a less-than-stellar morning of shooting last Sunday (partially
in pursuit of an Eastern Towhee) - here's a quick version of one of
the shots (I may have a better one next week) -

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/80788182

You may also be amused by this distant Oriole, shot after a bath -

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/80788185

But the subject that really had my attention this weekend was this
dragonfly (believe it or not, this is what the "eyes" look like IN
focus) -

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/80788187

That section of the "fuselage" you see behind the head seems to be
transparent - in fact, in this side view (this specimen has such good
form!) the see-through shell seems to be magnifying the inner parts
of the legs -

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/80788189

All shot on a 20D with the 400 Telyt; bugs w/ tube & birds without.

Bob Palmieri