[LRflex] Re: More contoversy!

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:10:43 -0800

Ted Grant wrote:

>Hey crew,
>Some how I'm still missing something here in what's really important about
>our photography.
>
>Question;
>What is more important? The actual photograph captured ? Or how many
>twinkies/noise per mm from a DMR or the 20D?
> ;-)

G'mornin' Ted!

You are, of course, absolutely right.

Normally, I try not to concern myself with the technicalities, but with
the photos.  However, in the case of the DM-R, I got very involved, as
high ISO performance was reputed to be poor... and it is!  Using the 400
Telyt f6.8 and 2x as much as I do, high ISO performance became an issue
for me - even in broad daylight!

Peter Werner's suggestion of under exposing and then compensating seemed
to be the answer... and I believe it is.

I wasn't trying to show the group any superiority of the DMR, but to
show that Peter's trick really works.... with no more effort than
changing the ISO setting.  For me, it makes the DMR a viable camera.

Herewith, I will cease this discussion, and after 24 hours, remove the
pages from my site.

>Me? I'm back to shooting several more basketball games today for the
>championship. :-) Wish me luck! Thanks.

Good Luck indeed!  Enjoy!  :-)

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.