[LRflex] More: Yesterday's LeiCanon experience

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 14:35:44 -0700

Just wanted to share more from an experimental series with the
Summicron-R 90mm using a chip-enabled Leica R-to Canon adapter which
allows focus confirmation as well as TTL flash.  Thought this may be
interesting to David Young and other Canon D-SLR users that are
considering one of the chip-enabled lens adaptors.  I only have
experience with the Tagotech, and I have one for the Nikon AI mount as
well - too bad they don't have one for the Rollei QBM mount.

Shot this one a few months back. BTW - used the built-in flash on a
Canon 20D to add fill light to these little flowers with the bright
blue sky as the background.  Further away in the background, other
flowers and branches are dark and shadowy because they are
silhouetteed against the sky. Scene shot close to full aperture.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecky/518534548
This one was also from that day a few months back:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecky/518534568

Looks like that adapter, which seems to be quite well built, does its
job adequately. Wonder if any other folks have experiences from other
brands, and would like to share their experiences here too?

Cheers,
Eric Chan