[LRflex] Re: More Swishy Pans...

  • From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "William B. Abbott III" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 12:51:58 -0800

Hi Bill!

In a message dated 15/02/2011, William B. Abbott III said ...

> That's a great shot.

Thanks!    :-)

> You're really getting the hang of it. All night long last
> night I drifted in and out of sleep searching my mind for places where I can
> get a safe, long shot of speeding cars! I'm hooked.

You don't need a fast moving subject ... just a moving subject.  In fact,
in my limited experience, the faster they are, and the closer you are, the
harder it is!

(Perhaps it's only because my nearly 65 yr. old body doesn't twist quite
like it used to!)

I notice that my best shots, of bikes moving 80 to 100kph, is around 1/40th
to 1/60th of a second.  For slower subjects, you may need an even slower
speed.  Remember ... f22 is your friend!

Do stand back a bit.... I spotted this idiot (on the right) trying to get
"action" shots with a w/a lens...  and he came within inches of being
clipped by the bikes, several times.   It was only by the skill of the
riders that he was spared, and after a short time, he was "invited" to
leave!

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Stake_21.html

Cheers!
--