[LRFlex] Re: More Steam/Bunch of Allards

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 18:43:01 +0200

David,
thanks for your comments, I'm not really an enthusiast at all, I just find the beasts amazingly
photogenic. With the exception of "Black Five" all the other shots, Locomotives and Cars were taken
on one day , starting around 10, 1 hour for an excellent steak and kidney pie and a pint of
Cameron's Strongarm (or was it three). then a short rail trip up to he next station and back in time for tea
(well about half past 5). As for the cars, that was easy, just waited until a steam train came into the station
and all the people just disappeared.
Cheers
Douglas

David Young schrieb:

Douglas:

The difference between you, my friend, and myself is that you are a hard core steam enthusiast, whilst I am merely an opportunist!

A great set of train images, and all enjoyable... although, photographically, I liked K17415 the best.

As for the cars, my only question is how do you find so many cars to shoot without hordes of people in front of them?

In all, nicely done! :)

Cheers!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
   http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
   http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm