[LRflex] Re: More Mirrorless Leica R Camera Thoughts and Link

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 07:34:42 -0700 (PDT)

Ola Philippe,
    One must have hope Mon Ami! "I still love a real shutter dial and aperture
ring;
neither to be found on most current offerings :-(" One Must Have Hope...
   Conveniently located on the top of the M9, the M8, the M7, and their very
well received 'cheap' digital offering the X1, is a real genuine shutter speed
dial. The antiquarian digital the Digilux 2 had one and it's value in the used
market is out of all proportion to the 'imaging chain' inside the camera -
likely due to it's M like ergonomics with real aperture and shutter speed dials
(a certain scandinavian photographer's love of it wouldn't play any role at
all,
though!).
   Leica's Design Department seems to be, currently, out in front of the
accountants when it comes to 'properly' kitting out a camera to actually be
used
by a 'real' photographer. ie: someone who knows that an Æ?-stop isn't on a BUS
ROUTE! The Vlux stuff is sadly exempted, but as long as Pannasonic' Royalty
Checks for putting Leitz, Elmarit, and such on THEIR cameras keep coming - it
will help keep the lights on and engineers paid to make and design 'real'
cameras. :-)

Peace
R. in Michigan