[LRflex] Re: More Mirrorless Leica R Camera Thoughts and Link

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 07:04:37 +0200

Hi Richard,
what I meant was simply that by the way my brains work I may be of a
somewhat different opinioin, sometimes aka YMMV :-)

As to the gear, I infrequently use a camera out of the A mode with/
without compensation. Learned when I had this so convenient Contax and
its wonderful conceived man/machine interface.
But when I do I still love a real shutter dial and aperture ring;
neither to be found on most current offerings :-(

Bien cordialement
Philippe

Le 9 sept. 10 à 04:29, Richard Ward a écrit :

> Ah... The Left Handed Issue in camera design, eh Philippe?
> As a Rightie, it's not especially a huge issue in my life.
> I do or don't find flaws in 'Modern' cameras based on other criterion.
> Yet, you raise a signifigant problem in modern industrial design in
> general.
> There is a Statistically Measurable Quantity Of Left Handed Folks
> Who Experience Industrial, Mechanical, Technology related injuries
> and deaths
> in larger numbers than Right Handed Folks.
>
> My parents are both Lefties. My father is of an age when he was
> beaten and
> forced to learn to write Right Handed and perform certain tasks
> 'wrong handed'
> because of the cultural and educational biases against Left
> Handedness.
>
> World is a Weird Place.
>
> R. in Mi.
>
> ________________________________
>

> "There is a joy in taking photographs that will always be there, it
> is the joy
> of looking, of capturing that fraction of a second, it is the
> photographic shot,
> the intuitive shot..." (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
>

> “No man hath given his child anything better than good manners.”
> - Prophet Muhammad (570-632)

NO ARCHIVE