[LRflex] More Leica S2 info

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 22:05:19 -0700

Greetings all,
I have crept out of my 'radio silence' on the news release of the Leica S2......
One may ask if there was a Leica S1, and actually there
was....although it was a tethered studio cam rather than this
(r)evolutionary breakaway that Leica has termed the S2.

The S1 was the 'first' digital Leica with 5140 X 5140 pixels!
See:    http://photo.net/leica-rangefinders-forum/00GqzV

This is a rather long article from the New Yorker circa 2005 about an
exemplary effort using the S1:
http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2005/04/11/050411fa_fact?currentPage=all

Moving on to today's Leica S2, here are other sites with more info. :
http://www.s.leica-camera.com/
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08092301_leica_s2.asp
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=64119

Wishing you all "Sunny 16" as we move into Autumn!
Eric Chan