[LRFlex] Re: Moonlighting

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:13:49 +0000

Art,

the hoya circumar polarizing filter 55mm diam. is really neat.

There was an article on photo.net (or Erwin's site, doubt, doubt) showing that Hoya had a good quality.

So far, I think they come in two or three quality grade, among those the extra slim veriety for wide angles.

FWIW...

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: Moonlighting
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:43:48 EDT

Hey Guys,

For what it's worth, the way I check for stray reflections in a filter that I
may plan on using is to look down at the filter as I hold it and if I see
nearly no, or no reflection of my ugly mug, then I know that this filter will not
contribute to unwanted reflections or image degradation.

Of course I only use either Nikon, Minolta or B&W (Pro Series, Multicoated),
filters. When using Nikon or Minolta filters, I stick to the Multicoated ones
such as L37C, or L1BC. Polarizing filters are another matter. I don't know if
anyone makes a Multicoated Circular or Linear Polarizer, because I've been
looking for one for years.

Art Tafil