[LRflex] Moon Eclipe shot

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Leica Users Group" <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Leica Reflex" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 19:19:48 -0700

We were in Death Valley when the moon was eclipsed a few days ago.  As luck
would have it, a week before I was at at yard sale and came across a Celestron
C90 spotting scope and got it for a very little cash outlay.  It had lots of
attachments, and one was a t-mount adapter, so I quickly ordered a Nikon T
mount and it came the day before we left for Death valley.  I was able to grab
this shot:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/s4/dv/Moon+Eclipse-9807.jpg.html

Not the best focus and my tripod was challenged to hold still.  Actually
finally rigged up two tripods, one for the scope and one on the camera.  Still
hard to focus, but this one is not too bad.

Have a look and tell me what you think.

Aram

Aram Langhans

Semi-Retired (Retarded) Science Teacher
and unemployed photographer

“The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream.” James D. Watson