[LRflex] Re: Moon

  • From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Marc Dufour" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 08:28:54 -0700

In a message dated 19/06/2011, Marc Dufour said ...

> PS is the responsible, David ;-)
> I took the first picture about PM 10:30, and the last one, around 11:15.
> All taken using tripod and a Leica Vario-Elmar 70-210.
> I tried different exposures and ISO, from 100 to 2000 ASA.
> ... Too much move with long exposure (about 3'') and too much noise with high
> ASA.

Hi Marc!

One of the most common mistakes in lunar/solar photography is that we
forget the motion of the earth!  Exposures over a certain length
(determined by the focal length used) become blurred by the earth's
rotation.

I haven't photographed a solar eclipse since 1994, and thus I've forgotten
the formula, but it is a serious matter.

Your "finished product" looks great!

David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, CANADA

Wildlife: www.furnfeather.net