[LRflex] Miss O at the Calgary Zoo - the Power of many Pixels

  • From: H&E Cummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 19:21:38 -0700

Hi Flexers,

While visiting Miss O in Calgary we took her to the zoo.
I only took the newly acquired Nikon D800E and the Nikkor 50mm f1.4 because I
had it in my mind I would only be taking of
grand daughter Olive and not much else. And I did some of that.

Here's Miss O staring at the fish in the Hippo tank.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/O_Fishw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/d57skk8

And here she is having her raw veggie snack:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/MissOw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/ctx536e

If you look large at this one the skin texture is amazing.

In the Butterfly House there was a symphony of butterflies flying freely.
I didn't have a macro lens so I just got as close as I could and then cropped to
fill the screen with this Owl Butterfly:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/OwlButterflyw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/95pymhm

And the zoo has a family of Siberian Tigers and thoughtfully provides glass
windows in the cage wire to allow unobstructed views:

Here's Momma Tiger and her three cubs, about 4 months old, taken with the
Nikkor 50 on the D800E at a distance:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/TigersLSw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/8lng2al

Since I hadn't thought to bring a longer lens I cropped to get the closer view
- the power of 36Mp!!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/4Tigersw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/bocsjep

Please look large.

C&C always welcome.

Howard (Safely back on Pender and loving it!)