[LRflex] Re: Mid range zoom advice

  • From: Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 00:29:34 +0100

Tim Bedsted wrote:
> Aram,
>
> Peter M. C.Werner has some test shots of the 35-70/4, 28-70/3.5 and also the
> Angenieux 35-70/2.3 zooms on the FredMiranda thread.
>
> However, I to have had problems finding a "objective" comparison between
> these lenses, so hopefully something will emerge.
>
> Tim

I used to have the 28-70 but sold after a it few weeks. For me it was
not up to the standards I'm used to with Leica. Not very sharp wide open
and too much distortion on the wide end.
I now have the 35-70/4 which is very good in my opinion. It also has a
modest macro capabiltity which makes it my standard lens.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema