[LRFlex] Re: Metz Flash Question

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:13:00 EDT

David,

Astute observation.

I never had any problems with my SCA351 Metz flashes on my R8, as far as
doing any harm to the body. I just used the pre-flash (F) setting on the camera
and adjusted the lens settings afterward to "Null" the meter bar to either
zero,
or + or - depending on the effect desired. This is great for static subjects,
and even some macro work, but lousy for quicker "grab-shot" shooting.

I did like being able to use my Cokin flask on the R8 in TTL mode, using the
pre-flash mode. The Cokin flash has its sensor out in front, right between the
3 flash tubes, and as such, gives the closest thing to TTL flash uf any
automatic flash that I know.

Hope this helps.

Art