[LRflex] Re: Memory Card Advice?

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:36:58 +0100

DY asked, and I'm sending again because all sorts=20
of garbage appeared in my copy:

>Our local dealer has Kingston 2gb  SD cards advertised at less than
>half the price of SanDisk cards.
>
>I've had good results with SanDisk, which came with my DMR.  Has
>anybody used Kingston?  Are they reliable?  (I'd tried an off-brand 2
>gb card, but returned it because it had a line across the center of
>several shots - indicating some bad cells.)
>
>If there are a number of satisfied Kingston users, I'll nip into town
>(a 35 minute drive each way) and buy a couple!

The 1 Gb Kingston card in my D200 has performed=20
fine. I've just upgraded to a Sandisk Ultra 2Gb,=20
which I bought on ohboy from Hong Kong. It cost=20
UK=A326.50 including shipping and took about a week=20
to arrive. Amazon UK are knocking them out for=20
anywhere between UK=A355 and UK=A360.......

Best

Alex
--
Alex & Carmel Hurst