[LRflex] Re: May I scream now? Well, try this before

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 23:48:09 +0200

Hllo David.

If the DMR is found with no fault then:
a) which camera it was attached? Is there any one not too far you can check
against?

b) probably the DMR is OKay, the R9 is Okay, the contacts are Okay but the
linkage is wrong. As you tried more than a card (among those you have), it
could be that all the cards are formatted the same manner, embedding a bug.

Try a low format of the cards with a PC, it could yield a different result.
It seems repeating myself but FAT16, FAT32, etc......

The idea is to try your DMR on a different body R8. I understand this is
very difficult.

And if it works, try to force an upgade of the firmware.

Another option is that the firmware cannot cope with th cards, try to borrow
the smallest and dumbest/slowest card in the world. If You have a
surprise....if it works see above.

I have now Tree digicam at home all on SD. It's interesting to see how they
all cope with the three generation  of SD I have.

Let me know...
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.