[LRflex] Re: May I scream now?

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 10:53:47 -0700

At 19/05/2007, you wrote:
>Is there some kind of reset switch somewhere - default or factory
>settings you might restaure?
>A warning : Keep children at e-bay
>Putain de moine!
>(more than four letter words expressing violent outrage and frantic
>revolt in a language Canada also shares - translation provided off-list
>only)
>
>Keep trying David, can't be true !
>Phil...x

Hi Philippe!

There must be a reset switch, of some sort, somewhere.  Every
computerized gadget of any sophistication, needs one.  Sometimes it
is internal, other times it is a combination of controls you hold
down, while the item is powered up.

When the camera/DMR failed this way, last time, I wrote Joerg
Kaufmann (head of Customer Service), asking where it was, in the
hopes that I might try that, before having to send the gear in, once
more.   He responded to me twice, saying first, that he had the flu,
then that his technician had the flu and promising  to "give you on
Monday a helpful answer".  I never heard from him, after that.

So I then wrote Christian Erhardt, Marketing Manager for Leica
USA.  I asked the same question, and followed it up by asking where I
should send it if (a) there was no such switch or (b)
if resetting it did not work.  He never replied.

Thus, I sent it off to Leica NJ, although right now, I'm asking
myself why I bothered!

As for your quote. I suspect I know what it means ...  I believe that
we should all learn a second language.  Personally, I am
"smatterlingual"... I have a "smattering" of German, a little more
Spanish, and can even read ( though neither speak nor write) a wee
bit of Russian.  But, as for French, I have only what we Canadians
call "Cereal box French". ;-) And, my English is not much better!