[LRflex] Re: Maroon Bells after the storm

  • From: "William G Lamb, III" <lambroving@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 20:08:00 -0700

When were you there? Quaking aspens are usually in full color by mid-September
or 3rd week. T-Lazy-7 seems to have expanded quite a bit. They do OK food but
the chilli was right up there. Those trails are used for snowmobiling in winter
and they have a cookhouse buried deep in the woods with a nice fire.
http://www.tlazy7.com/

High passes are like that. There's no air up there! You should try 13,000'
which can be reached with a serious 4x4. ;-)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/132591-2/American_Flag_1.jpg

Never enjoy single malts before bed over 9,000' or your head will explode! ;-)
Aspen is 7,900 which I can handle. Telluride is VERY borderline!

If you go back, take the road out to Ashcroft ghost town. Might be something to
snap. There's a connecting "road" to Taylor Pass. You won't get far in a car
though.