[LRflex] Re: Maroon Bells after the storm

  • From: "William G Lamb, III" <lambroving@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 12:38:48 -0700

Was hoping you'd post those. You definitely lucked out. I've only seen a few
which were any better and they are from locals with Hassy and Linhof who could
hop in the car when the light was perfect. These are better than 99.99% of
what's out there.

Haven't been in years but hope T-Lazy-7 Ranch on that road is still doing fine.
Nothing else out there on that road which goes nowhere but a great view in all
seasons. All the other roads lead to 12,000' - 13,000' passes but you need a
very serious 4x4 to get past 10,000'. Pity Aspen has gotten so expensive; all
the locals I know had to move to Basalt or Carbondale and commute in.