[LRflex] Re: Mardi Gras

  • From: Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRF reflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 11:27:23 -0600

Of course, Mardi Gras is only one day, but in La Louisiane the whole season
from 12th night until Midnight Fat Tuesday is call Mardi Gras.

The outlying cities hold parades on the weekends before, while in New
Orleans, there are probably forty parades and at least as many major balls
and thousands of parties leading up to the big day.

You are very unlikely to find a pancake in these parts.  That's pretty much
an English thing as far as I know.  Gumbo, crawfish, king cake, and the
like is more common, along with buckets of fried chicken.

Come to New France for Carnival some time.  You might just learn something
about how to party. ;-)

--
Regards,

Sonny