[LRflex] Making do....

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 13:24:05 -0800

At Photokina, I took only my 21SA, as I expected crowds, and my old
2-cam (now 3-cam) 50 Summi, for speed.  I also popped the 2x
converter in my pocket, in case I needed some 'reach" over the
crowds.   I could see no point in taking the larger zoom, and I was right.

While wandering between halls, with fellow lister Howard Cummer, we
stumbled across some models.  Howard graciously held my stuff, whilst
I went to work with what I had... the old 50 Summi and my SL vintage
2x converter, on the R8+DMR.

Actually, it's quite amazing what you can do with a 100mm f4!

http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/photokina_1.htm

Comments and criticism graciously accepted, as always.