[LRflex] Re: MY first flower

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 07:41:03 -0800

At 2/3/2010, you wrote:
>Hi all
>i finally decided to buy a D300s (and not the D700) to go with my
>Nikon manual lenses and the angenieux 70-210mm. I wanted to save
>some money for better tripod among other things (a long leica r lens
>would be another ;-) ) , and i wanted more reach for wild life.
>So here is my first try with an orchid and the angenieux.
>Please comment, how can this be done better. Thank you for looking.
>Greetings, Axel
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/44847726@N08/4325444543/sizes/l/

A nice first effort, Axel!

I would think either a bit more light, from behind, to lighten the
petals without washing out the center, would be a good way to start.

Others, Peter Werner and Aram spring to mind, are more adept at this
sort of thing, but I think you're off to a good start!

David Young
Logan Lake, Canada.

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net
Personal Website: www.main.furnfeather.net