[LRFlex] MF Gear

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:26:06 +0200

Ahrgh,

You know how to speak to me David!

Well all joke put aside, a development for a 120 film cost the price for a development of a 135 format in slides.

And after you need to pay for the enlargements, usually 18cm x 18cm of the best pix, 2 or 3 in a roll.
Er, I'm a complete newbie here, learning curve is steep!

The price for the (spring) roll of film is as expensive in 120 than in 135 (brand I use is the Fuji special 150 ASA color paper, used by the wedding photog)

Never the less, the square gormat is pleasant to use, fun, even. Novelety, pure novelty....

Regards.

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Was: While you are using Canon Now: M-F gear.
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:24:34 -0700

Nothing wrong with M-F, Xavier!

However, the film costs are higher than 35mm and the choices are fewer. Resolution of even the best M-F lenses will not equal a good 35mm, but then they don't need to, as the magnification factor is much lower for a given size print.

My complaints with M-F is the cost (though used gear is becoming very, very reasonable) and the size/weight. An R8 w/motor and/or DM-R is bad enough!

Perhaps one day, when I'm feeling masochistic, I'll dig out my old Sept 35mm movie/still camera w/spring-wound motor. It takes low grade photos while building your muscles! iT Must weigh 4 kilos (almost 10 lbs)!

OTOH, maybe I'll stick with my Leicas (an occasionally, a Canon 20DWas with a Leica lens mounted!). :-)

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt
Leica Reflex Forum web-page: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/lrflex.htm