[LRflex] Re: M8 and Capture One now Silky Pix( O.T.)

  • From: William Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:45:37 -0800

Hi David,

Would you kindly say a bit more about what the "Black Level Slider"
that you use in Silkypix does, exactly?

I've used up my free Silkypix download trial period so I can't even
look up the description of the function in their Help Menu.

In Photoshop CS2 and all other versions of PS I have used, there is a
"black point slider" (Adobe's terminology) in the Image> Adjustment>
Levels panel that sets the black point at any point in the image's
range from white to black that you choose.

Is this equivalent to the function you are using in Silkypix or does
Silkypix have a different functional implementation they call "Black
Point Slider"?

All my best,

Bill

On Jan 16, 2007, at 8:21 AM, David Young wrote:

At 16/01/2007, you wrote:
> Hi David,
> I really like the simplicity of the Silkypix program which came with
> the Lumix L1 but I thought it wouldn't recognize M8 RAW. I will have
> another look
> Many thanks for the tip.
> Howard

Good Mornin' Howard!

One small point, re: Silkypix.  The "Black Level" slider I mentioned
in my response to "bobinseattle" is only available in the paid
version.  But, you can try it out, by shooting some raw files with
your Oly or PanaLeica, and using the version supplied with the Lumix
to see how it works.  I think it's the neatest thing since sliced bread!