[LRflex] M8 Moment at Dealer in Seattle

  • From: rsphotoimages@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:58:26 +0000

Stopped by Glazer's Camera in Seattle to pick up some fresh Kodak Elite Pro 100.

Coincidentally the Leica Rep was there, letting the large staff massage his one
and only M8 Prototype.  They each had about 1 minute to figure it out.

He also had the PanaLeicas there, but they were not playing a starring role
this day...

I sort of muscled my way up to the counter, said "Hi Brad" (he knows me) and
was able to hold, examine and shoot a few frames.

In brief, it's All Leica.

Fit, form, finish, haptics, weight.  And, you can't just hold it up in front of
your eyes like binoculars and look at the LCD; it only activates AFTER you
shoot, so you actually have to look through the viewfinder and focus before
shooting.

I like it.

Bob in Seattle