[LRflex] Re: M8 Kaput - Sad update

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:55:31 +0200

Really sorry for you Howard, keep us updated.
Wish you the best of outcomes, really.
Phil...x

Howard Cummer wrote:

Hello Flexers ,
I feel like Joe Btfsplk - the character in the L'il Abner comic strip who was followed around by a rain cloud!! My M8 has been lost by DHL somewhere between Wilmington Ohio and Dillenburg Germany. Talking with the polite operators who read what the computer says about the whereabouts of my camera proves beyond doubt that garbage in equals garbage out. Of course, Purolator Canada limits insurance to a maximum of C$1,000 so if the camera is gone (and the last trace is from August 30th) I am out about C$3,600. I have initiated a search by both Canada Post and DHL which promises to report tomorrow. Of course, the camera - serial number 3104564 - is worthless unless repaired and there is only one place where it can be repaired and that is Solms. If someone with sticky fingers is silly enough to send it for repair I may still get it back. The prospect of having to buy another one is not very exciting.
Yours sadly,
Howard (now back in Vancouver)