[LRflex] Re: M3 information

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 11:03:26 +0000

David wrote:

If properly installed, the meter is coupled to the shutter dial. You manually transfer the reading (f-stop) to the lens. That's it!

The CdS meter, which BTW covers a 90mm field of view, can be adapted to silver oxide batteries by these guys. Here's a post I wrote aeons ago:

Subject: In praise of Quality Light Metric......

Hi all.

I recently sent George Milton of QLM in Hollywood a package containing 3 defunct and one working, but iffy, Leicameter MR.

George quickly informed me that two of them were so badly corroded inside that they were beyond repair, despite their nice external cosmetics. Apparently it's a non-no to leave the battery in if they are not in use for long periods.

However, he did manage to bring a black MR back from the dead despite some corrosion, and also fixed the iffy one.

He also re-calibrated them to accept a silver oxide battery in place of the banned mercury PX 625.

They arrived back this morning and agree pretty well with both my Lunasix and Weston V. So now at least I can rely on them being accurate when I don't want the bother of carrying a separate hand-held around.

I commend George's work to you. He's very professional, quite fast, and a good communicator. I wouldn't say he's cheap, but I certainly got what I paid for.

Details for those of you who may be interested in his services:

George Milton
Quality Light Metric Co.
7095 Hollywood Blvd. No. 550
Hollywood
CA 90028
USA

Tel: 323 467 2265
Fax: 323 467 2284
email:  "George Milton" <georgepmilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Best.

Alex
--
Alex & Carmel Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 21 454 3328
Mobile: +353 87 245 7048 (A)
+353 87 988 9927 (C)

email: corkflor@xxxxxxxxx (for either of us)
<carmelmac48@xxxxxxxxx> (for Carmel personally)

Photo Gallery at: http://corkflor.smugmug.com

and more at: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
------
Unsubscribe or change to/from Digest Mode at:
  http://lrflex.furnfeather.ca/
Archives are at: