[LRflex] Re: M lenses on the Fujifilm X Pro 1

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 07:47:29 -0700

> Steve,
>
> I've discovered the product from Fuji itself, the presentation is clear:
>

> http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/accessories/lens/mount/fuj
> ifilm_m_mount_adapter/index.html

Now,  to me, that looks like what an adapter (any lens adapter) should be.
Capable of using the camera to it's limits, with just about any lens. The Fuji
engineers deserve a pat on the back.  Oly engineers ... take note!

> However, there is still a doubt: what are the parameters to choose for a
> given lens? The forum will soon have plenty of users and plenty of
> parameters.

I would suspect a bit of experience would answer that.

> I secretly hope that Olympus comes out with a micro 4/3 camera offering
> a similarity to the fuji X1.

The rumour sites have mentioned such a beast coming from  Oly. Watch 'kina!

> Not only there are plenty of good lenses but the m4/3 is a good platform
> for any lens, including R lenses. With an hybrid view finder it would be
> an interesting horse in the stable.

I am encouraged by the fact that Oly have announced that they are working on an
E7...  with the electronics/sensor of the E-M5 (OM-D).  Personally, I am hoping
not for an E7 that matches my E3 or the E5 in size, but for a mirrored body
more in line with the OM-1.  That, with my existing 4/5 lenses & Leica glass,
would be a stellar combination.  Add a couple of smaller, "consumer grade"
zooms,and it would become a killer travel camera, too!

> A while ago, musing myself more than the list, I draw this:
> http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/DMC_L2.PDF
> It's just a concept.... Or a vision of the next 'Kina new products!

Watch Photkina (it's not that far away!) and you might be pleasantly surprised!
If not, perhaps you should change careers, and offer your designs to Oly and
others!  ;-)

David.