[LRflex] M lenses on Konica Hexar RF

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 23:47:42 -0800

Hi Brian:

I've had no problems focussing with the M-mount Hexar RF with a
variety of M lenses, incl. Summicron 35mm, Tele-Elmarit 90mm, Elmarit
28mm, and also the old 50mm Summicron collapsible version.  Its been
more than 3 years now of delightful shooting.  It doesn't have the
silence of an M camera shutter, nor the legendary classic look & feel,
but the vertical-traveling shutter packs a very fast speed of 1/4000
sec, and responds spontaneously to the aperture-priority AE mode.  The
camera is a steal at current eBay pricing, considering the many
features it has that makes it technologically more advanced in certain
areas than a Leica M7, e.g. like a built-in motor winder and very
efficient electronics evidenced by long battery life.

FYI - all these shots here were with the Hexar RF ~
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Hangzhou
Notice the one of Lei Fong Ta that was shot straight into the sun:  I
don't know if I could have done that with a Leica M camera because the
shutter speed may not have been fast enough.

Best New Year wishes.....
Eric Chan

See Dante Stella's excellent Hexar RF write-up here:
http://www.dantestella.com/technical/hexarrf.html

See also Karen Nakamura's write-up here:
http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/index-frameset.html?KonicaHe=
xarRF.html~mainFrame