[LRflex] Re: Loss

  • From: "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:56:46 -0400

Hi Keith: A friend of mine who mails very valuable jewelry all over the USA almost always sends his valuable packages via US Mail, registered. He tells me that registered mail most always be signed for, and that such mail is kept locked in a safe. I will ask him if he also insures the packages, but I suspect that insuring each package separately for thousands of dollars is not practical. I'd bet he is covered under some type of special insurance plan available to jewelers, and that a similar plan is probably also available to camera owners. In fact, I recall seeing a company that offers such insurance on the Nikonian thread. How do home owners insurance plans work in the UK, i.e., aren't personal articles covered after a deductible is paid?

Elliot
----- Original Message ----- From: "KEITH LONGMORE" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>