[LRflex] Loss

  • From: KEITH LONGMORE <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:34:41 +0100

Hi Howard
My commiserations, too. They say that insurance companies are in business to make a (obscene!!) profit, not to help us in our misfortunes. DHL seem to be even more greedy! A warning to all who use couriers: I needed to send something valuable to Germany a while back, and was shocked to discover that I could only get £25 insurance from most couriers. Much maligned Royal Mail, in the shape of Parcel Force, offered £100 for the same service. See, it's not all bad here!!! :-) ( although the real value was more than twice that) I must add though, that I have had things stolen both in US Mail's hands, and in TRNC mail's hands too (for which read Turkish Mail). Not a nice experience.... that's the world we live in, I'm afraid. :-(
Cheers
Keith L