[LRFlex] Re: Looking forward to a week of shooting with the DMR

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <douglasmsharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 02:34:06 +0200

Sounds like a strange request - but I would like to see some frames shot with the lens cap on to get an impression of the noise levels for various ISO settings .
Douglas

telyt@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I agree with Aram, Werner.  Some direct comparisons with the LieCanon would be
great! I am very much looking forward to hearing your results!

Too bad the DMR has been delayed yet again. :-(

On 15/05/2005 at 10:06 PM Peter Werner wrote:

I shall be getting a DMR on loan from Leica for the whole week starting
May 23 for two  Leica Academy workshops in Germany.

No need to say that I am looking forward with more than great interest
to using the DMR for a whole week. At the end I might write a report
about my impressions and results. I am now using both a Fuji S2 Pro with
Nikon glass and a Canon 20D with Leica glass. I am usually shooting RAW
and postprocessing in Photoshop CS and Paint Shop Pro 7.

I shall not have the time, nor the equipment for more "scientific" tests
but am open for suggestions on what you think readers would be most
interested in reading. I thought of describing the handling under real
work conditions, some example shots, and comparing the DMR workflow and
results with the 20D using the same Leica lens (and perhaps the Fuji
with Nikon glass).

David Young, Logan Lake, BC, CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page: http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm