[LRflex] Life Size (unfortunately!!)

  • From: bob palmieri <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:26:22 -0500

Folks -

Also on my hike I encountered this thing by the side of a trail.  It
was quite dark, and this is an ID snap not a "real photo" so I
remembered that this here 20D has a leetle flashlet on it somewhere
(now where is that button??):

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album446/Crusty_4707

This thing was 7" (about 180mm, I think) from mandible-tip-to-tail, and
was found miles from the beach (in Indiana), although it really looks
like a sea-dweller to me.  (And yes, we can see our friend the purple
stuff along the borders of areas that are changing from
in-exposure-range to blown-out.)

What the heck is it??  Did some young boys carry it from the beach to
scare some poor hapless victim (for which purpose it would seem to be
quite effective)?  Whaddya think?

Bob Palmieri