[LRflex] Re: Lens and Focusing Advice Sought

  • From: Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 21:50:32 +0200

*Leica SLR pros*
I'm not :-)

*For my next R-lens, I prefer to buy two Leica-r zoom Varios, but they're
soooo costly (two masterpieces defined by E. Puts:  Vario-Elmarit-R ASPH
2.8/35-70mm and Vario-Apo-Emarit-R 2.8/70-180mm).  *
...and heavy! I would never travel with them. A lighter but HQ alternative
would be the 4/35-70 (or 2.8-4,5/28-90) and the 4/80-200.

*But for now, what's the next most logical lens?  A 1.4/80mm or a 2/90mm?*
I have a 2/90 (non asph) and would never part with it. 80 gets sharper at
middle apertures. Another great lens is macro 2.8/100.

*I wear tri-focal glasses:  close in reading, more distant computer screen
focus, & long distance focus.  What part of my glasses should I use to focus
both my R8 and the Hassi? *
The ground glass on your leica is about 1m (virtually) away from your eyes.

Please see this page for examples:
http://www.overgaard.dk/leica_index2.html (click
on the lens)
Best of luck!