[LRflex] Re: Lens and Focusing Advice Sought

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 18:17:41 +0200

Hi Kevin,

isn't it possible to adjust the diopter setting of the R8 viewfinder to match your viewing eye without glasses?

I am a glasses wearer and have adjusted my Leica R cameras, Rollei 3003 and Canon DSLRs so that I can use them without.

Cheers
Douglas

Kevin Willey wrote:
Leica SLR pros,

Need some advice on two issues: (1) I recently purchased a late model R8 and a SUMMICRON 35/2 (1983) from separate sellers on eBay. First roll of film is simply gorgeous and even my cynical wife admitted this used equip. shoots better than our Leica Digilux 2, although I wouldn't say it's necessarily better. For my next R-lens, I prefer to buy two Leica-r zoom Varios, but they're soooo costly (two masterpieces defined by E. Puts: Vario-Elmarit-R ASPH 2.8/35-70mm and Vario-Apo-Emarit-R 2.8/70-180mm). These two lens would take care of all my needs, and I prefer to get the ROM versions so I'm better poised for an R10. But for now, what's the next most logical lens? A 1.4/80mm or a 2/90mm? I've read the differences on blogs, but I'm still unsure. I won't be using the R8 for landscape, still learning on a recently acquired Hassi 500CM for landscape. I travel a lot and a moderate zoom for street shooting appeals to me. (2) I wear tri-focal glasses: close in reading, more distant computer screen focus, & long distance focus. What part of my glasses should I use to focus both my R8 and the Hassi? I've bought in the "sharp" school and I want to produce some really good shots because I travel to some unique locations in Asia. Thanks for your advice. Still dealing with a near vertical learning curve to "begin" to shoot good B&W...color seems easier.

Kevin

On Apr 17, 2009, at 4:52 PM, David Young wrote:

Philippe wrote:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/album368/Paques-1090455-2.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/cqls6g

Plus next one to the right.

You make me envious, of Alice's garden, Philippe!

Here, we've had two days of light rain, and the grass is starting to turn green. Still, today, the rain turned to hail, for about 10 minutes....

I like both shots... more so because the remind me that spring really will happen!

Thanks for sharing.  Hi to Alice!

David Young
Logan Lake, BC

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net <http://www.furnfeather.net>
Personal Website: www.main.furnfeather.net <http://www.main.furnfeather.net>

begin:vcard
fn:Douglas M. Sharp
n:Sharp;Douglas M.
org:30629 Hannover, Germany;Annette-Kolb-Strasse 29
email;internet:Douglas.Sharp@xxxxxx
title:G2E Translations
tel;work:0049 0511 9585565
version:2.1