[LRflex] Re: Lens

  • From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 10:42:25 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Richard Ward wrote:

>    an utterly fabulous resource is Sean Reid's website at
>'ReidReviews.Com' - it's a subscription site (32.00 a year) and worth
>every single cent. Here is the address of his site index
>(http://www.reidreviews.com/reidreviews/articleindextable.html
> ... 'Luminous Landscape'
> ...  dpReview.com
> ...  http://www.photozone.de/all-tests'
> ...  http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=141406

All good resources, as long as context and particular interests are considered.
 I've often found that lenses that CaNikon owners lavish praise on are missing
some properties of my R lenses that I value.  It might be bokeh, flare
resistance, distortion, handling, vignetting or edge-to-edge performance,
there's always something or several somethings missing.  Use these reviews as
starting points for your own evaluations, don't consider them the last word.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com