[LRflex] Re: Leitax Update

  • From: Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 08:43:09 -0700

On Oct 3, 2009, at 5:39 AM, Doug Herr wrote:

Gary E wrote:

1) Is Leica really working on a viable digital R body solution with a second/third party manufacturer? If so when?

To the best of my knowledge, yes and about a year form now.

hi Doug, do you have any further on this, info or insights?

Steve

2) Is Leica hoping we would abandon the R system as they did and jump on board to the new S system? Counting on the fact that we R system users demand the best from our equipment and the images they produce?

The R and S systems appeal to different markets. I don't believe the S was ever intended as a replacement for the R system.

3) Am I just better off just using my current analog equipment like I've done and enjoyed all along?...

Your call.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com