[LRflex] Re: Leitax

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 13:01:15 -0800

Doug,

Good thinking!

A DMR battery weighs approximately 100 grams or 3.5 ounces, by my li'l' ol' kitchen scale.

That's all up, fully charged, so as the day wears on, and you use up the battery, it should weigh a bit less and lighten your load. ;–)

Bill

On Dec 2, 2009, at 12:12 PM, wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

William B. Abbott wrote:

My R9 with DMR comes in a whisker less than 1.4 KG, or about 3 pounds
1 ounce, on an uncalibrated kitchen scale.

That is with a body cap, battery, an (empty) SD card, and an inch or
so of lens strap on each side.

Might be helpful to weigh a DMR battery separately since I suspect DMR
users carry a spare or two more often than D700 users.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com