[LRflex] Re: Leitax

  • From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 17:45:42 -0500

Axel Collier wrote:

> Ok charlie, now i understand what it means, but not why i should miss it.
It is the
> first time i hear from it. So i could hardly miss it.

When using a Leica-R lens on any camera other than a Leica reflex, for
example the Nikon D700, the aperture will not stay open before you press
ths shutter release.  For example, if you want to use an f/8 aperture for
correct exposure, the camera's viewfinder will become darker because the
aperture has closed to f/8 instead of staying open at f/2 (with a Summicron
lens).  This can make it more difficult to focus quickly and accurately.
One way to get around this problem is to set the lens to f/2, focus, then
set the lens to f/8 and make the picture.

This takes more time to do than if the auto diaphragm were working as it
does on a Leica reflex camera, but as several people on this list have
shown, it can work quite well in some circumstances.

> Thank you for your patience with my noob questions.

We were all noobs at one time :)

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com