[LRflex] Re: Leica's latest figures

  • From: Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 13:16:05 -0700

On Aug 8, 2009, at 10:56 AM, Doug Herr wrote:

Steve Barbour wrote:

On Aug 8, 2009, at 7:16 AM, Sonny Carter wrote:

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Steve Barbour
<steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 how funny is it that we think if we had an S2,  our images would
be that much better, or more important...that we would be famous.

If you wish to hammer a tack, a sledge hammer will crush the wall.

If you want to break a curb, a tack hammer will break itself.

There are many kinds of hammers, and only a few do many jobs well.

So it is with cameras

so you're trying to convince me Sonny, that Michelangelo made it
bigtime, because he had the right kind of hammer...

I suspect that he made it bigtime in part because he knew how and when to use each of the tools at his disposal. There are many other factors that lead to making it bigtime but using the right tool cannot hurt.

I agree with that Doug, buts it's like the argument that it doesn't hurt to be religious,

"just in case..."

:-)

Steve

Doug Herr