[LRflex] Re: Leicanon exposure problems

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 19:05:09 -0700

At 29/07/2007, you wrote:
Aperture priority or manual mode. Either one, same results. I also went back and used my old adaptor w/o focus confirmation and the results were the same. Just did another test using flash. The flash exposures were all very consistant until I stopped down too much for the flash to provide enough light. They then got dark. My problem without the flash is overexposure as I stop down. The meter in either aperture priority or manual is overcompensating for the stopped down lens and the more I stop it down the more it overcompensates with the shutter speed.

I am ready to return the camera. Does anyone know if the Olympus 4/3 cameras have this problem? Is there an focus confirmation for the Olympus camera yet? I don't see one advertised.

Hi Aram!

Search the archives, of this list and/or the LUG or LEG. I'd do it for you, but we are packing 4 grandkids for an early start, and I have not the time. (Sorry!)

I recall that this is normal for the Canons, with non-Canon lenses attached. Someone, somewhere, posted a note from Canon about this, though I cannot recall the details. Something to do with a problem which was easier for Canon to solve, electronically, but which causes the problem with non-Canon lenses.

Doesn't bother me (or most of us) as we shoot at or near full aperture.

Perhaps this post will trigger others to remember the details I cannot.

But, I'm pretty sure your camera is not broken.