[LRflex] Re: Leicanon Autofocus?

  • From: "Wu, Cheng \(DPS/MSP\)" <Cheng.Wu@xxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 15:06:49 -0300

>From: keith.r.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [LRflex] Leicanon Autofocus?
>
>Hi,
>
>Does anyone on the list have any experience of using Leica lenses via ada=
>ptors
>on EOS bodies to give autofocus conformation? Are they reliable - focus w=
>ise?
>In particular has anyone tried the 400D?
>
>Best regards
>Keith
Hi Keith:

Yes, I have some experience with it, I just received the adapter with AF
confirm last Monday, so far I have tried it with 50mm and 90mm Summicrons on
Canon 400D, When I use this adapter, the camera always think that I am mounting
a lens with F2 (even with 400 f6.8), when the lens are wide open it does give
accurate in focus confirmation (one or more of the AF points lit up), if I
stopped down too much (beyond f8), the view finder became too dark to have the
confirmation. Yesterday I tried my 400 f6.8, on a bright day, it does work.

Regards!

Cheng in Fredericton, NB Canada
-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat