[LRFlex] Re: Leicanon - 80-200 zoom

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:57:30 -0700

G'mornin' Ted & Douglas!

I must agree with you both..  The quality of Leica glass on the Canon
digi-bodies is truly amazing.

The 80~200 f/4 was my favourite lens on the R8 and continues to be on the 20D.
(The sad part is that it makes the Canon 17~85mm AF-IS lens that I came with
the 20D look much poorer than it probably is, in relation to most zooms around!)

For those who don't know Ted, I've had that privelege for a few years now, and
I've seen the prints he makes.  To say they are stunning would be an
understatement!

Even those shot at high ISOs (which do exhibit more 'noise' and a little less
clarity than medium speed film) are hard to tell from similar sized, silver
prints made from negs.

I was a died-in-the-wool film user who'd "never go digital", until I started to
see the results Ted was getting with his LeiCanon.  Evenually, I followed in
his path and, to be honest, I haven't had so much fun with photography for a
long time!

Cheers!

David.

David Young,