[LRflex] Leicaflex Everready Cases

  • From: "ballentineg" <ballentineg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 07:36:54 -0500

I picked up a Leicaflex Eveready case on EBay awhile back.
It is NOT a very practical case in that most Leicaflex lenses
you might want to put on the body are too long for the case.
Many people opt for the Luigi style "half case" but they are
to be frank, greatly over-priced.  If you watch EBay, you can
pick up from time to time a Chinese Luigi "knock-off" which
I bought one of for my M3 a while back as well that is very
nice and I see nothing at all wrong with it. You'll save about
$100 over the Luigi at least.  [Luigi is very proud of their
cases]

With the half case, you can still hang your camera around
the neck in front of you and use any lens in your bag on it.

I have a question:  I have a number of nice Leicaflex lenses
and I was wondering if any adapter exists to use them on a
Visoflex II or III for the M3 to share in them if desired ? I've
seen adapter rings that speak of using Visoflex specialized
lenses on the Leicaflex but not the other way around.

I also have a number of nice Nikon, Non AI, F/F2 lenses and I
would very much like to try and use them on my Leicaflex
SL or SL2 bodies but haven't yet seen any adapter for that.

I did read something online that said I could NOT
 use a Leicaflex lens on a Nikon F/F2. Something about that
 the Leicaflex lens would have to fit too far inside the Nikon
 to focus on the film correctly.

Incidentally, I do NOT recommend anyone trying to put a
Leicaflex lens on an R5 even though many sites claim you
can if you use "stop-down exposure" settings.  Don't. I put
one on my R5 just for fun to see what happened and I like
to never have gotten the darned thing off.  I was afraid it
would have to go to the camera shop to have someone take
it off.  Some "R" series 3 cam lenses might fit on a Leica-
flex SL, SL2, and Std. body but I'd be very wary of putting
the Leicaflex lenses on the "R" bodies.