[LRflex] Re: Leica to abandon 4/3rds?

  • From: "AramLanghans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 06:54:35 -0700

David, Bill, Fred,
    I'm missing why it would be worth all that money with a crop factor.

A 1.3 crop factor is not that much considering what other cameras have.  I
have sort of gotten use to using a 160mm f-2.8 APO Macro on my Canon Rebel.
That is cool.  However, I miss the 24mm ability I have on the R8.  It is a
38mm f-2.8 – almost normal without the speed of my normal.  With a 1.3 crop
I would be using a 130mm f-2.8 APO Macro, not bad, and my 24 would be a
31mm, so I might just have to invest in a wider angle lens, but that would
be only one lens to buy (albeit an expensive one).  It all depends on what
you are photographing.  If I were always using those 19mm range lenses, then
a full frame would be what I need, or see what Leica dreams up for new
lenses for the new DSLR.

The waiting is fun, but I do hope for a successful wait that will allow me
to still either buy or dream of buying Leica.  I do not want to dump it all.
Took me too long to realize the first dream.

Aram

Checked by AVG.
1:25 PM