[LRflex] Re: Leica to 4/3rds adapter: R Vario 28-90 Asph and R Vario 70-180 APO

  • From: Bob Shaw <rsphotoimages@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:29:24 -0700

David:

The 28-90 appears not to have a lip. It does sport a 35mm aspect ratio mask over the rear element, but I don't see a lip above the contact elements or anywhere else. It's possible the whole assembly is too close, lip or no lip.

The 70-180 appears to have a lip. It's over the contact elements. Conversely, Gary Todoroff has been using his 70-180 and 280 f4 on an early Oly with fabulous results. So go figure.

Perhaps others who use these lenses can double check to see if I'm correct, here.

Cheers,

Bob

On Mar 30, 2008, at 9:00, David Young wrote:

More lenses have been added to the Leica to FourThirds exception chart.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/OlyFC_chart.htm

Thanks to Steve Barbour, Bob Hutton, Xavier Bill & Philippe Amard for their help.

<x-tad-smaller>If you have a Leitz/Leica lens not shown, please take a moment to look at the back and see if</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller> it has a guard or lip,  similar to that shown at the top of the chart. </x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller> Either way, please email me --- dsy(at)furnfeather.net --- and</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller> let me know, so I can add it to the list.  Many thanks.</x-tad-smaller>