[LRflex] Leica on Sigma SD14 Samples

  • From: Walter Kramer <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leicaflex List <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 22:44:29 +1000

Thanks to those who were able to give comment on the virtues and
differences between the 180mm prime and 80-200 zoom.  I will be going
with the zoom at this stage for it's versatility as a walk about lens.

For those interested I have uploaded a number of pictures made using the
Sigma SD14 and Leica lenses.  These are available on flickr (link below)
I have not yet mastered uploading to the LUG gallery.

These shots are a mixed bag using Leica 35-70mm, 90mm Summicron and the
70-210 zoom. Also using different processing software including Sigma
and third party applications. (However I am finding that using the Sigma
software is giving the best results)  Processing is mostly sharpening
and contrast enhancements so no major changes to the original capture.

I have tried to present a variety of shots under different conditions so
these are not chosen on the basis of photographic merit. Overall I think
these pics should give viewers a sense of the special quality of the
Foveon sensor. Most shots are taken in relatively low light situations
and I should add to my previous comments about this camera that noise
can be an issue.  In general I prefer to shoot at 200 ISO or lower.
Hopefully Sigma can address this issue in the SD15  The sensor and
camera is definitely worth developing.

Comments welcome.

BTW I will next be looking to acquiring a wide prime and not an APO
since they are beyond my means unless someone knows of a bargain lens
somewhere.  I have been considering either the 24mm or 28mm Elmarit.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/sets/72157619149039949/

--
Walter Krämer
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx